Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Do i Believe in Love at First Sight?

No.

In all cases of me "being in love" its been a process. The closest thing I can recall to the so-called "love at first sight" is with one of my current best friends. It wasn't exactly love at first sight in the way that I saw him and was like YES I LOVE HIM. But it was more "love at first sight" because as soon as I gave myself the opportunity to know him as more as that kid that I know, I found myself loving him.
In my personal opinion there is two ways to actually love somebody. There is the Romantic Love and the Friendly love. Now in this case the first feeling I had was of the romantic category, finding myself "in love" (quotes for I do not know exactly what love is yet) was easy because I felt as if I had known him for forever and could simply just talk to him about anything and everything. If you've known someone like that they are truly special. I didn't know him long before I knew I felt something more for him than a mere friendship could contain. But I kept it in for fear he didn't feel the same.
Although I say that this was a type of love at first sight, i still do not believe in the term. How can one simply know? The more I get to know the victim of this so called "love" the more i "love" who he is, and how he acts. I will say that now for him i feel the feelings of Friendly love stemmed from that once romantic love that I had for them.

I will never be able to forget my "love at first sight"... Or how happy he made me...

But there was a time and a place.
And here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment