Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Dream Within A Dream

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Maybe I'm emo for liking Poe. But I do so deal.
It is a very good question though... IS all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream? sometimes i think it would be easier to find out that our lives were just a dream. But if it was i know i wouldn't want mine to be my escape from reality. What if one day you woke up and found out that this dream or life was like the falling dream. you always wake up before you hit the bottom. So you are in this dream until you are near death then you wake up one day and are 14 again and you can relive your life. But better you wouldn't make the same mistakes you would know what to avoid how to act and how to behave. But in reality we learn from our mistakes, yes? And without mistakes growth can not occur. Perhaps. SO life can't be a dream within a dream. But we can make up a dream with in a dream. I know i have one...

He may be eerie. but i like him. Thanks Poe for a fabulous poem. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment